Sunday, August 6, 2017

5 hacks for hassle free packing

Trust me when I say this...I am an extreme over-packer. Anywhere I go whether for a weekend or a week I will pack an extraordinary amount of clothes. So writing this listicle not only helps me with my packing problem but helps my audience as well. When packing for a trip trying to figure out how to get all of my clothes into one bag is one of my biggest problems. These 5 hacks on packing will not only help you achieve the goal of putting all said items in one bag but will also make it much less of a hassle.
Tip #1
When packing soaps and shampoos my worst fear is them spilling on my bag and ruining all of my clothes. By purchasing this pack of small sealable containers you don't have to worry about lugging around large things of shampoo. I got this particular pack from Target for around $4. This set would be perfect for a weekend trip where you won't need as much shampoo or soap as you would on a longer trip. It also comes in a plastic bag that is sealable to avoid spills just in case.
Tip #2
If you happen to be packing for a week long trip or more the above containers probably won't be enough to last. This plastic bag is an alternative for longer trips. I got a set that includes the bag pictured below and two others that are smaller in size. It's perfect for soaps and other easy leak items because it zips and is plastic so nothing will leak and ruin other items in your bag. I got this set from TJMaxx and they usually have many types of travel packs like this for reasonable prices.
Tip #3
This tip is essential for traveling with jewelry. I personally feel victimized by necklaces when carrying them anywhere but on my neck. This pill case makes traveling with jewelry much easier and more efficient. With this case you are able to separate all your jewelry from necklaces, to small earrings in separate compartments so nothing gets tangled. I got this one from Target for less than $3.
Tip #4
This next tip is very useful when packing shoes and clothes in the same bag. I personally don't like it when the bottoms of my dirty shoes touch my freshly washed tops. By putting plastic shower caps over shoes you can cover the shoe and protect your clothes at the same time. I got a pack of 30 plastic shower caps from target for less than $3.
Tip #5
This final tip is key for someone like me who has a problem with over packing. By rolling my clothes it makes them more compact and I am able to get more in a smaller amount of space. By using this tip you also avoid a large amount of wrinkles that you would get if you were to fold your clothes in a tight space.
That's it for my 5 packing hacks. I hope these help you travel more and stress less.
Happy traveling!

Also posted on theodyssey.com
https://www.theodysseyonline.com/5-hacks-easier-packing-odyssey

No comments:

Post a Comment