Saturday, July 22, 2017

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Personal Picks & Key tricks

The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. The most coveted fall season sale there is for shopaholics like myself. Being honest I did not know about this sale until this past month, but that didn't stop me from signing up for a Nordstrom card and shopping the early sale to my hearts desire. So here are my favorite picks(or at least those that have arrived in the mail so far) and key tricks to shopping the sale.
Top Picks From the Sale
Tops
To start of this haul blog I am going to share all the tops I got. 5 of the items I got have not arrived in the mail yet but I will have pictures from the Nordstrom site below for you to see. Also there are links to each of the items on Nordstorm's site.
B.P lightweight rib stick cardigan
This first item is a simple black cardigan. I got it as one of my basics. It pretty soft and is longer length almost to the knee depending on your height. It's just a simple classic cardigan I think every girl should have in her closet for those rough days you just need something to toss on.
black long cardigan
Price: $31.90
Would by another scale 1-10: 7
Dreamers by Debut rib knit open cardigan
This cardigan is my favorite purchase from the haul. The material is super soft so essentially it's like wearing a blanket but a fashionable blanket. I got this one in white but it's sold in two different colors. This was also just a basic cardigan to buy and throw on different outfits for those chilly fall days and nights.
dreamers cardigan
Price: $35.90
Would buy another scale 1-10: 10
B.P Plaid Cotton Blend Shirt
This shirt is a fall staple. It gives of the flannel look but is much thinner and lighter for cooler fall days. It's very open and has an oversized fit which would make it cute with leggings or jeans. It's also a pretty easy go-to in terms of quick morning picks.
plaid shirt
Price: $31.90
Would but another scale 1-10: 8
Topshop Lattice Back Sweater
This sweater is bold and bright and would definitely add color to any closet. It's medium weight in terms of thickness but very comfy. It has an oversized fit and bell sleeves to add some flare.
yellow sweater
Price: $42.90
Would buy another scale 1-10: 10
Catherine Catherine Malandrino Fit & Flare Coat
I am very excited about this coat because of how versatile it is. It's a wool blend coat which is perfect for winter especially walking to class in the cold. It comes in two colors but I got black so it will match more outfits. It had a tie waist band and is somewhat long so it will look good with dresses as well.
Catherine Catherine Malandrino Fit & Flare Coat

Price: $129.90
Would buy again scale 1-10: undecided (have not tried it on yet)
Soprano Stripe Cotton & Linen Off the shoulder top
This top is very cute and colorful. It's a cotton linen blend so i'm gonna take my bet and say it's pretty soft. It's off the shoulder which is a style that had definitely taken over this past year. I got it in honey mustard yellow but it comes in two other colors. This would pair nicely with skinny jeans black or blue and some booties.
Soprano Stripe cotton & linen off the shoulder top
Price: $22.90
Would buy again scale 1-10: (undecided have not tried it on yet)
Lush Raw Edge Side Slit Tee
This top is essentially your most basic tee, and I was in desperate need of some. It's a V neck tee with a pocket and it has slits on either side which make it good for tucked in looks without the struggle of bunching around the hips. I got this tee in 3 colors white, black, and grey, but it comes in 5 different colors. This tee is going to be essentially for fall and layering with different cardigans and jackets.
Price: $15.90
Would buy again scale 1-10: 10(in the rest of the colors)
Shoes 
Steve Madden Gabbie Thigh High Boot
So quick back story. Last fall and winter I spent months looking for this shoe or shoes like this shoe, thigh highs in general and when I saw this as part of the anniversary sale I had to have it. This is just your classic thigh high boot in black. It has somewhat of a pointed toe but the material for the shaft is really stretchy and stays up well while walking. I highly recommend this boot I love it.
thigh high boot
Price: $86.90
Would buy again scale 1-10: 9
Hinge Barris Block Heel Bootie 
Everyone needs booties. Booties to me are a fall essential to pair with cardigans and jeans for outfit wins. These are a simple black pair made of suede material. They have brown wooden color bottom and heel to add some detail. They're pretty comfortable but I haven't worn them out walking long distance yet so we shall see. They come in 3 different colors black, dark brown, and light brown. If you need a staple basic bootie for your closet I recommend this one right here.
black heel bottie 
Price: $79.90
Would but again scale 1-10: 10 (in every color)
Blando Riyan Waterproof Sneaker
Yes you read that correctly WATERPROOF. My worst fear is wearing cute shoes, it starts raining, and my shoes get ruined for life. I always spray water repellent on my shoes when I purchase them to ensure maximum safety and protection, but these cute slip ons came pre-prepared. I have been looking for a nice sleek looking slip on shoe that could be dressed up or down and I found it. The Blando slip on shoe comes in 5 or 6 different colors but I personally got it in 2 different colors. It's a comfortable shoe for walking and I can guarantee it will be my go-to for walking to class.
Blando slip on sneaker
blando slip on sneaker
Price: $64.90
Would buy again scale 1-10: 10(in all the colors)
Accessories
B.P Multi Stripe Scarf
This is a simple scarf it's thin and lightweight so good for layering. It's mainly a blush pink color which is a staple color this fall. It will look really cute with tees or sweaters.
Price: $15.90
Would buy again scale 1-10: 10
5 Pack Mixed Metal Chokers
I just got on the choker trend train so when I saw these 5 in a pack I thought why not. These are metal chokers in gold and silver colored. I think they'll make great add-ons to any outfit if you want something more subtle to a statement necklace.
5 choker set
Price: $22.90
Would buy again scale 1-10: 10
Tips and Tricks
A lot of the items featured above are sold out right now but that doesn't mean they won't restock. So here are 3 tips and tricks to beating the sale and coming out a winner.
1. Even if you can't add something to your cart you can always add it to your wish list. This makes it easier when items come back in stock for you to add it to your cart quickly and hit purchase before it sells out again.
2. When searching the sale filter as much as possible. Shop by size, type, color, shape, all of the above. By doing this you cut time down scrolling and it makes shopping faster and checkout faster so nothing sells out before you can get to it.
3. Never give up! It took 2 weeks before I could purchase the Side slit tee in white because it kept selling out so fast in my size. Despite the hardships I continued on and kept watch on the item until it was back in stock, and as soon as it was restocked it was in my cart and purchased. So moral of the story, if you want it don't let it go.
Happy Shopping! 
YFF(your favorite fashionista)

<a href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/18997991/?claim=k5trsvey5wp">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment